Ebates - cash back for most online purchases!!!!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Earth day!

Here's a blurb from education.com about economical ways for families to go green.
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FhP3ZfZ&h=ZAQGpRbEzAQHsqNTdkJfExw8UqnlCV1umKL7zjIG_t3JNOA

Some of my favorite simple ones are using junk mail. When a letter has a blank back side, stick it in your printer. Most of the things we print don't need to look all that professional anyway. I mean, who cares if your next MapQuest route has junk mail messages on the back?

Also a cool junk mail trick, when they send you an envelope, use white out, or paper to cover the address on it & actually use it as an envelope rather than buying a box. I have some post-it labels that are the perfect size for doign most of this, and I just slap a bit of packing tape over the top of the new address to make sure it doesn't get removed in the machines. Make sure you cover the bar code, as well, or the post office will have trouble sending it correctly.

Do you have green and cheap tricks for us? I'd love to share them (and use them, myself) - leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment