Ebates - cash back for most online purchases!!!!

Monday, April 9, 2012

The joy of others saving!

I love it when other people tell me about how they've saved money. I feel like we're battling the economy, and maybe even materialism, in our small way.

A few people have surprised me by telling me they read this blog and have told me of tidbits that made a difference - one got a whole bunch of money back from a web site listed on this blog - they didn't even know it was due to them. . .

Today, my mother made Easter baskets for our daughter and each of us. I got a bunch of cross stitching supplies in mine, and she was telling me how great a deal she got on the stuff by getting a bag deal on brand-new craft supplies at a charity sale. Then, she looked a little sheepish and started joking about what a big spender she is. I laughed out loud and said, "You know me. I get more excited when it was cheap!" They are very generous, and surprise us with their generosity all the time. However, today she was more frugal. Of course, if you add the airfare and hotel accomodations from the hand-painted basket she put the deals in and the effect may be ruined :) My mother is a professional painter, btw . . .

I love that our Easter dinner includes conversation about how to get the best deal on entertainment, like DVDs. We are disappointed in the Netflix changes, and interested in what options others are finding. It seems like Netflix has lost many of it's movies, especially from streaming, but it seems like the DVDs are in shorter supply, as well . . . Anyone have ideas on that for me?

The biggest budget bummer is that we had talk about appliances. Our dishwasher is on the brink of disaster, I'm afraid, and there was an unusual smell throughout our house today - we are afraid it is the air exchanger. There goes our price range . . . and our tax refund . . . buying appliances isn't fun.

Hope you have a fabulous week, and that your big price tag items are doing better than ours!

No comments:

Post a Comment